Tuesday, March 23, 2010

2. I'm a Little Weird.

here are 22 things about myself to wet your pallet.

and to help me burn off the 3 cups of coffee i just had.

1. 1 cup of coffee is more than enough.

2. i have very little self-control.

3. especially when it comes to donuts.

4. i'm also very partial to redheads.

5. and puns.

6. and women.

7. before i came out, i was sure that my lesbian-ness was dead obvious.

8. until i moved to LA.

9. and seriously considered shaving my head and getting "tats."

10. i've been afraid of needles since birth.

so much so that, at the age of 5, no less than 4 nurses had to hold me down after i managed to escape to and hide in the other end of the clinic.

11. the only Korean i know i learned while sitting shotgun to my mother.

12. and after bringing home B papers.

13. the first quiz i ever failed was in geography, and i had to label each state in the US.

14. in the 5th grade, i cried after i found out that, because everyone who scored better than me on a diagnostic geography quiz backed out, i had to participate in the upcoming Geography Bee.

15. the boy i sat next to in the Bee felt so bad that he whispered 1 or 2 of the answers to me.

16. i still lost.

17. in the Spelling Bee, of the same year, i was so nervous i misspelled my third word, "Barnacle."

18. i spelled it with a "u."

19. my mother tried to console me by saying that my loose tooth made my "a" sound like a "u."

20. to this day, i cringe whenever i see/hear the word.

21. ...i just cringed.

22. i tend to find comfort in donuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment